Tower Private Advisors
- Capital markets recap
- Why interest rates are NOT going up any big way any time soon
Capital Markets Recap
Interest Rates (remember those?)
If you don’t want to read the rest of this, here’s the gist of it:
Interest rates aren’t going up because:
- There is virtually no inflation
- We can’t afford higher rates; too much goes badly if rates rise. Housing ceases its rebound. The US’s debt service will consume an ever larger part of GDP
- The Fed said (it’s going to keep rates low; see #2, above). Take it at its word.
- Too many people expect rates to go higher.