Tower Private Advisors
- The VIX is too low . . . really?
- Goldman Sachs
- Bank stress tests
- Portugal next?
We recently hosted seminars in Fort Wayne and Warsaw, presented by First Trust Portfolios. You can click here and here to see the slide packs. Here’s a quick list of bullet-point takeaways from the first presenter, First Trust’s Chief Investment Officer, Bob Carey.
- Stocks are quite undervalued – among other things, earnings yields (inverse of P/E) are very high.
- Investors should favor the cyclicals sectors, like Industrials and Materials companies.
- Discounted Cash Flow valuation methodologies suggest most undervalued sectors are Technology, Industrials, Consumer Discretionary, and Financials
- 2012 will be the year that marks the rise of Treasury yields.